Table of contents
What every .NET practitioner should know before coming to Vega IT
College practice or small internship is a very important aspect of every learning process. Students are given the opportunity to actually engage and participate in real life projects which eventually allows them to gain experience which normally they would not be able to gain in college.
Companies which participate in such internship programs have standards and certain expectations from students that engage in practice. Vega IT, as one of those companies, has strict standards when it comes to programming which every employee follows and which every student will learn about during the internship.
Vega IT's primary field is the .NET platform and everything that is built on top of it. Here's the complete list of things that Vega IT expects from every student who applies for the internship:
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented programming. Fundamental concepts such as abstraction, encapsulation, inheritance and polymorphism.
- Basic knowledge of how the web works (browser, web server, DNS, etc.). Concepts only, details are not required.
- Good knowleadge of either ASP.NET Web Forms or ASP.NET MVC framework.
- Source control such as TFS, SVN or Git.
We perform development in C# and expect you to have good knowledge of:
- Access modifiers
- Basics of HTML, CSS, XML and JSON.
- Visual Studio development tool.
- Relational databases and UML.
- Basic knowledge of SQL. Writing queries for select, update, delete and insert. operations against relational databases.
- English language, writing and speaking.
- Open-mindedness and soft skills are a big plus.
Do you have any questions about the internship program? You can ask us through our Facebook page or just come to Vega IT and we will be happy to get to know you. We are looking forward to hearing from you.
Latest blog posts
Codeference 2023: A three-day journey of knowledge shar...
At the end of October, we had a great time sharing our experience and introducing the IT world to a group of students during the 3-day conference at Zlatibor mountain - Codeference.
Empowering leadership journey: The First-Time Leaders P...
Discover the transformative journey our colleagues enrolled on with our First-Time Leaders Program. From understanding the essential leadership skills to enhancing soft skills, this program is all about personal growth and ...
Cheers to Five and Ten Years of Dedication and Commitme...
This year, we are celebrating a special milestone - our 15th birthday. But not only that, a great number of our colleagues are marking their fifth and tenth work anniversaries at the company, and we want to use this special...